Founded in 2008 by Osvaldo Menegaz, the Malvina Menegaz Foundation for Arts and Culture is housed in Palazzo Clemente Castelbasso, a small village in the province of Teramo, Abruzzo. It is in this perspective of history and scenic beauty that lives Foundation as a legally recognized entity, which inherited a legacy of experience and professional reliability gathered over the years by its organizational structure, already operating in the Association Amici per Castelbasso, which later merged into the Foundation itself. The Foundation’s main aim is to promote contemporary art and culture through the organization of quality exhibition and events, dialogue with public and private institutions, Italian and supranational, with which it shares the planning of cultural activities for the benefit of the territory.
The Foundation is responsible for the overall management of exhibitions, from its design through to its conclusion, combining the scientific process and the organization. In fact, beyond the design, organization and curatorship, the Foundation deal with editing and printing of catalogs, movement and insurance of artworks, advertising and marketing, secretariat, press office, in collaboration with important professional in the national and international field, carefully selected. Promoting contemporary art for Menegaz Foundation also means proposing a wide offer of activities and operational tools:
– implementation of events in various cultural fields, such as visual arts, music, literature, philosophy and other humanistic and scientific fields;
– the organization, in collaboration with other Italian and foreign institutions, of international call event and qualified training programs, workshops, internships.
By collaborating with the best Italian and foreign scholars, whose essays appear in the now published numerous catalogs, and with leading figures of the national cultural landscape, since 1998 the Foundation has managed the creation and composition of many art exhibitions.
Referring to the visual arts and its related events, here are some details:
- 15 solo exhibitions dedicated to the great masters of the ‘900 (including Fontana, Schifano, de Chirico, Boetti, Burri, Guttuso, Accardi, Paladino, De Dominicis, Agnetti, Morandi)
- 16 group exhibitions of which have been involved 268 young contemporary artists, Italian and foreign
- 3 exhibitions of Italian art of the ‘900 with prevailing educational address
- 4 exhibitions devoted to photography
- 164 concerts of contemporary music
- 38 concerts of classical and ancient music
- 48 plays, 7 of which are made in collaboration with the Teatro Stabile d’Abruzzo
- 42 soiree with the most important authors of contemporary Italian literature.
Since 2010, the Foundation has set up its own department for educational services able to bring the public closer to contemporary art and to favor the encounter and dialogue between people, traditions, history and local identity through meetings, guided tours, educational workshops, special projects.
In 2013, it has started an important collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and with the Institutes of Italian Culture that allowed circulating the exhibition “Carla Accardi. Lose the threads of voice”, held in Castelbasso in 2012, in major European cities such as Torun, Budapest, Thessaloniki and Athens. Since 2014, the Foundation is part and promoter of “Art in the Centre”, the network of cultural institutions of Abruzzo and Marche born to create an integrated cultural system, to promote this rich area of Italy.